Hi Everyone! I'm Amanda Kuzak, a professional organizer from Northern California. I love to share my favorite recipes, organizing tips and tricks, along with the adventures from the life I share with my husband Chris and our pooch Harper over on my blog, Kuzak's Closet. Today I wanted to give you a glimpse of my holiday decorations and share one of my favorite new holiday recipes, Kahlua Truffles.
I love to decorate my home with sparkly treasures that were given to me as gifts from my mom or that I have found at some of my favorite local shops. I knew I needed to add a lot of decorations this year because we recently moved into a home that has twice the square footage of our last home.
I added glittery snowflakes to my "mercury" mantle, they look cute next to the mercury glass candle holders and silver garland. I also added the cutest Christmas tree pillows that I found at Target and a large grapevine star that I scored from Pier 1. Shopping for new things was a bit daunting, I still have empty spots here and there but over all I think it looks great.
Now on to the recipe...
I love to have homemade treats like these Kahlua Truffles on hand during the holidays to serve after dinner if we have friends stop in or to give as gifts to my neighbors and clients. I figured it would be difficult to make truffles from scratch until I found this easy recipe online. It only has 4 ingredients...
- 12 oz. Hershey's milk chocolate chips (feel free to swap for dark chocolate)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 2/3 cups unsalted butter
- Melt chocolate over double boiler and cool to room temperature (20 minutes)
- Add yolks, one at a time and stir gently.
- When blended, add Kahlua and return to simmering water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until fluffy.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 5-7 hours.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in cocoa, sprinkles, or crushed nuts to cover. Refrigerate and serve!
I found these cute tins at Target in the $1 section, they are the perfect size to share your homemade goodies. My friend received a job promotion so I gave him this cute wrapped tin as a special surprise to help him celebrate his success. Wouldn't you love to receive this pretty package?
I hope you love my homemade Kahlua Truffles! Make sure to stop by my blog and say hello and keep coming back to Type A Decorating for more great guest posts during her fun holiday series!