Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Say it with Me...FREE TABLE!!!

  Okay, so the title just about covers it.  It was on craigslist for $100, and some how by magic, it was GIVEN to me.  Yep just like that.  Well okay, I did contact them to see if they would take less and I did go see it.  Then I decided I really wanted it, but with Christmas right around the corner, I should wait.  Well the owners, great people, decided they wanted to park in their garage more than they wanted my money!!!!!  Get this, the hubby even delivered it!  I should point out they live around the corner, but still, FREE and DELIVERED!  Merry Christmas to me.  lol


This the base, kind of a distressed cream color.  Very nice actually, all I did was clean it up, the color stayed.


However, the top was a different story, it had to be stained. (American Walnut? I'd have to look at the can, but it was Walnut something and water based.  I can tell you this for sure, I don't see any more water based stains in my future.)  I couldn't, really I couldn't live with the 80's oak.  In the top right corner you can see a glimpse of the new dining chairs, I'm in the process of removing 8 zillion staples, and then I will refinish them and add them to my dining room.   (of course I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pneumatic upholstery 1/2 inch crown staple gun.)


*Giggle*  She makes me very HAPPY!  I say this about all the pieces I refinish, but she is pretty close to perfect.   Maybe it's the FREE and DELIVERED factor.   When if  I ever finish the chairs, it'll be perfect....


I'm still debating about refinishing the piece in the corner here.  What do you think?  What color?  I'm done with stain for a while, so please don't suggest it!  lol  And no green, I think I have enough in this room.  REALLY!


As always thanks for stopping by! 

Tammy :)

I'll be linking with:

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, "Free Table"!!! Sounds like you have super nice neighbors! It's really a great looking table. Can't wait to see what you do with the chairs! You're dining space is gorgeous!

Take care,
Michelle

Allison@FabRehab said...

That's a GREAT looking table! Congrats on the free piece!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

What a great table! Congrats!

Donna

The one and only Lady said...

What a GREAT find! I like your space just the way it is! I was going to say paint the other piece the off white of the table but once you get the off white chairs in there it may be too much!?

Anonymous said...

OMG...this really is PERFECT! And yes, free makes it even better. There are so many fabulous people out there and the fact that they gave this to you, says so much about them...As appreciative as I know you are, you probably shouldn't send them a picture of what you did....they will want it back. LOL!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

WOW- that is so awesome!!! What a great blessing especially this time of the year. It's beautiful!

xoxo
Jen

Sandy said...

It looks fantastic! But why no more water based stain for you?

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Free is a beautiful word! Love your table - I should be so lucky!

Restoration House said...

"Free Table" lol. It is beautiful. Looks like one I recently acquired though not for FREE! You did good!
Kim:)

Pamela said...

That is amazing! Love it!

April said...

I say antique white with a glaze over it for the buffet. It will unite the two pieces & the room willlook really pulled together.

Karie said...

What a great looking table. Love it. The room is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Gillian Layne said...

You did a fabulous job. My mom would be so proud of your bargaining skills! Good luck with your chair hunt. :)

Unknown said...

great table. love the base of it..

Unknown said...

Love free! Love the table! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled for you! God works in mysterious ways. I love to be able to witness His plans coming together. Now YOU get to pay if forward! Lucky girl -- have fun!!!

Diane said...

Wonderful job. Table look great, love the completed look with the wrought iron chairs. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a beautiful table and a lucky find! i love free things!

The Tablescaper said...

Looks great. Lucky you!!! Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

~ Lisa ~ said...

Great job and love that it was FREE and DELIVERED to your door. What a blessing. Can't wait to see the chairs. I love the hutch, maybe paint it a color to match the base of the table? Distressing it for sure!

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, free and beautiful. Thanks for joining the party.

Heather said...

Pretty table! Love the warmth of the refinshed top.

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

Wow! What great neighbors! And the tabletop looks great!

Anonymous said...

Free table? Oh, why can't I be this lucky? Your table is beautiful.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Honey at 2805 said...

Free is always the best kind and you did a great job with it! Happy Holidays from your newest friend/follower. Please stop by for a visit. I love making new friends.

Nita Stacy said...

I really like this table and especially for free. I think you should paint that other piece of furniture the same color as this table's base...the creamy white.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!!! Free, delivered, and now so very beautiful. Merry Christmas indeed. How awesome is that?!!!

My Show n Tell Link - A Jim Shore Find

Do stop by and say 'hi' if you can find time. Have a great week ahead.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I LOVE IT!!! And FREE???? Very Merry Christmas to you!!! You should send the old owners a picture of it in your home....they will be happy to know that it is so loved!

Heck even strangers love it!

Great job!

Lou Cinda

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

And I m a follower! I will be back!

Lou Cinda

April said...

that's awesome!

Megan Gunyan said...

You had me at "free." Great job!

Tammy @ Type A said...

Thanks Ladies!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Wow! and WOW again! Free, fantastic and beautiful as well!! Love it- it was meant to be yours! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday and Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

I love the legs! Great job! Gotta love Craigs List!

Pam said...

Free is always a great bargain, and esp. when it looks as nice as this.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

The table looks amazing!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

What a wonderful Christmas present for you, Tammy! It looks terrific. ;)

Thanks for linking it to my party. Hope to see you each week.

Please be sure to come by and enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Click the picture in my sidebar for details.

Blessings and a very Merry Christmas!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

This table came out perfect! How do you beat free? And delivered! Girl you knocked this one out of the park. I'm a new follower and would love to have you follow me back. I love to refinish furniture too! Although my blog looks like a cooking only blog right now, I promise there is furniture on there too!
Nancy
funwithnancy.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

love love love the table! super cute!


http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails