I decided that the dark blue curtains in Connor's room just weren't cutting it any more. So I made some out of drop cloths! Yep, all by myself. I was going to use the Stitch Witchery, and it sucked, I ended up sewing them instead.
Trust me they weren't hard. I bought a 4x15 drop cloth and cut in in half so I would have to panels that measure 4x7.5. Perfect for curtains. I then just ironed a the edge so it was flat and did a simple zig zag stitch to secure it. I used the curtain hard ware with the clips to put in on his curtain rod. Connor's room used to be the guest room, the window hardware had the girly plastic globes on the end, so to make them less girly I spray painted them black. I bought a can of spray paint for plastic, used to coats, no primer need.
Before, dark blue curtains, crystal plastic finials.
Clip hardware, and the stupid Stitch Witchery, it's going back to Joann's.
After, bright happy drop cloth panels,and black finials. All that's left is to change out his art work. I'm over all the character posters in his room, he needs something more big boy.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out his new curtains. xx