Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Heart Metalics!

I especially heart metallic of the GOLD variety.  Is that wrong?  Not sure really where this love of Gold came from, my wedding rings are white gold, but when it comes to decorating I'm all about the yellow gold.
 
I've had this piece in my dining room since I moved in, I bought it for this house, but for over a year it has sat around in a sad state of old wood.  Not the most beautiful piece, but it does the job, holds all my precious gold dishes! 
 
This week I had a client that wanted her piece painted Primer Red, and I thought what am I going to do with the rest of this can?  I don't get a lot of clients that want this color and I don't have anything this color in my home.  I should point out that I love RED too, but more like an accent.
 
It got me thinking, and I came up with this idea, based on every thing I've read about gold leafing.  Which isn't a ton, but I did notice a reoccurring theme, most pieces are primed with dark red or brown paint.  Apparently it works well under the gold.
 
 
 
 
Here is the only decent before picture I could find, but you see what I mean by boring wood?  It had a  ton of potential and good lines, very sturdy.
 
 
This is where Primer Red comes to play, two coats with a top coat of clear wax.  I did not photograph this step.  Honestly I've been so bad about blogging this last year, I didn't even think I would do a post, and then I just couldn't help myself....
 
I wish I could play music at this point to intro this piece to the blog world!  But let's face it, when it comes to every thing tech like, I'm lucky to use my phone...
 
 
A couple close ups...I just can't get enough of this piece.  It's my new favorite baby, it makes me want to paint the whole house gold! 
 
 
 
And I know you want to know how I got the gold finish.  I used two tubes of Antique Gold Rub N Buff.  The actual gold leave process was more than I wanted to do, I may try it down the road on a smaller piece.  I love the Rub N Buff, amazing product.  (I wasn't paid to say that, just my opinion)
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Love you guys. 
 
 
Stop by later this week, I'm going to have a give away!!!!
 
xoxo Tammy

16 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Tammy, I love the finish on this piece! You did a great job!

Custom Boxes World said...

Amazing Blog. Also write another blog like this.lipstick packaging boxes as a packaging manufacturer, the target market is the people who would like to indulge.

Margret Hope said...

Amazing Blog. Also write another blog like this.printed boxes wholesale as a packaging manufacturer, the target market is the people who would like to indulge.

Robin Adam said...

Nice! I like your idea of decoration. It is also an informative blog and thanks for sharing blog about "Heart Metalics!".
Vape Cartridge Packaging Box

Mikel lee said...

I appreciate you post thanks the information.
afforadable Rigid boxes new jersey
afforadable Soap boxes new jersey

Mikel lee said...

It is very informative post thanks for sharing the information.
Soap box manufacturers usa
affordable prinred packaging boxes – Packhit

Mary Roose said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of information. The above information is directly relevant to affordable prinred packaging boxes – ibexpackaging that will help the buyers learn more about packaging options. Your thinking is quite impressive while talking about packaging options. However, I think that the buyers lack in information. 
by: custom packaging boxes manufacturer USA

Tory Brown said...

I appreciate your post thanks for sharing the information.
bulk Boutique boxes for sale
buy Book boxes

Tory Brown said...

Great post I like it very much keep up the good work
best Custom Boutique Packaging boxes
bulk Book boxes

James Elliott said...

Thanks for this nice article your content and your photographs are so beautiful. Thanks again for this article. I hope, you continue it in future.
Complete your living room with a stylish leather sofa finished in premium leather or luxury fabric, for exceptional comfort. Shop the collection at Velvet Sofa.

Custom Boxes World UK said...

Fast food restaurant usually serves French fries as sides with Pizzas, burgers or own their own. Custom fresnch fries packaging boxes or containers play an important role in the fast food market as they come in different shapes and sizes which are according to consumer needs. Fries Boxes

Custom Boxes World UK said...

In such a hustle and bustle, every businessman needs mind relaxation. Hence you are worried about the increasing rates. But our company is affordable for everyone. We provide hot dog boxes at suitable rates to our dear clients. Hotdog Boxes

Custom Boxes World UK said...

There are many discount platforms that manufacturers are selling cleaning supplies in custom-printed soapboxes. It is the best approach to advance, display and ship the Wholesale Soap Packaging Boxes to the end customers. In the expectation of encompassing your business in the severe market, it is essential to promote it with a logo-stamped package.

Custom Boxes World UK said...

The restorative plastic packaging industry can be supposed to be the quickest evolving industry. Simply by presenting new packaging of Custom Lipstick Boxes items would consumers be able to be satisfied. The expression "custom restorative packaging" cannot exclusively apply to numerous extravagant products businesses. In the plastic packaging bottle industry, numerous corrective container producers likewise utilized, it has turned into the standard in the business.

Custom Boxes World UK said...

You can select the shape and style of your Custom Hair Dryer Boxes wholesale. We offer a range of custom hair dryer printing boxes in different styles.

Custom Boxes World UK said...

You are in right place to print custom Shirt Boxes UK that can build your t-shirt brand in the UK. We are able to print custom shirt boxes in any size and shape, also designs and colors as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails