Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Meet Life with the Hawleys, Week 30

Hello Type A readers!  I’m so happy to be visiting today!  I’m Darby and I blog over at Life with the Hawleys.  I blog about anything and everything, but today I want to share a super easy (and cheap) Christmas craft with you.    
   
This project only cost me 50 cents!  I purchased this plastic Christmas ball from Hobby Lobby.  Everything else I already had.DSC_0696

Dig through your boxes of stored wedding junk keepsakes, and find some old invitations.  Cut them into skinny pieces.DSC_0697
Wrap the skinny strips of your invitation around a pen so the words are on the outside.DSC_0698
Feed the swirls of paper into the Christmas ornament.  It took 2 of our wedding invitations to fill my ornament.DSC_0708
I also had some of the bird seed pouches that was chucked at us as we ran off to our honeymoon leftover.  I knew I was keeping it for something ;-)  The colors for our wedding were black & silver, so I took the ribbons from the bird seed bags and tied them around the top of the ornament. 
Don’t you love this? The easiest craft on the planet.  Glue isn’t even required! Ha!DSC_0722
awwwww so romantic ;-)DSC_0717
This is definitely a much better way to store my extra invitations than in a dusty box at the top of a closet! Don’t you think?
My husband and I got married December 29th so our anniversary is always associated with Christmas.  If you know someone who is getting married at Christmas time, this would be a great way to decorate their gift.  Or, if you have a friend that got married this year, this would be a fantastic and special Christmas gift for them.  Or if it’s years later and you’re still obsessed with that special day (like me), this is a nice and cheap treat for yourself. 
I hope y’all like this project as much as I do.  Thank you so much for having me Tammy!!!


Darby what a cute, and affordable project!  Thanks so much for being a guest!



9 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Pretty! Looks so simple even I could do it. Or pay a kid to do it while I nap. Perfect.

Junky Vagabond said...

Love the look of this little project; and just think of everything you could put in there! Scraps of gift wrap would be cute too!

Darby Hawley said...

Thank you so much for having me Tammy!!!

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Spooky! I just did this today using newspaper, brown paper & lace and then I pop on to blog-land and I see this! Fab, great minds eh? I am going to do a post about it soon!
www.twinklestutustwirls.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

I LOVE this idea! I have got to do something similar! Super cute!

Rebecca said...

Very pretty! I love the simplicity.

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Love it! I just did something similar yesterday :)

sherri lynn said...

What a great idea! I don't even know if we have any invitations left, but I really like how simple this is!

Unknown said...

Super fun! And, we have the same anniversary, except in 2001. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails