Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Find or Hunt?

Really, do we find our great stuff or hunt for it?   I mean I've never walked outside and just found something awesome sitting by the front porch, unless I've paid the shipping and handling.  Search is actually a better description, I'm always searching stores and online, but I like the word HUNT better. 

So I'll just show you want I hunted and gathered this week, I'm just like a caveman, well without the big stick.  Remove the big stick and insert my bank card and there you have it, I'm a modern day Hunter Gatherer!

Stick around till the end, I have an announcement or two.

First up, a pair of these beautiful chairs!  The are from the Brown Palace, it's an old Hotel in Colorado.  Tea house too I think?  Anyway they are for Lo's room and are pretty just the way they are! 

Check out my little chicken, I've never seen them so small, so I had to have this one!  Really.  Plus it looks so cute with the bigger chicken.

Ahhhhhh, my dough bowl!  It's pretty big too, love the color of the wood.  I'm addicted to dough bowls, I hope to hunt and gather many more!

Okay, remember the coffee table I turned into and ottoman?  Well the other day on craigslist I hunted up the sofa table match!   I'm going to use them together in the next house, so I think my coffee table turned ottoman will be turning back to a coffee table.

Look at this gorgeous fireplace screen.  I can't wait to paint it and change the fabric.  I do like flowers, just not stained ones. and the wood is too light for me,  I prefer the darker variety.

Okay maybe this was a find.  Lo asked for a magnifying glass for Christmas, my girl friend found it for me when we where out looking around the other day.  She said 'hey check out the cool magnifying glass' and I said 'hey I need that!'  I think she thought I was joking until I paid for it.  Solid brass and mother of pearl inlay!  What 4 year old wouldn't want it?

Brown transferware, I just love this stuff, when ever I go out I'm always on the hunt for a good deal.  This stuf can be super pricey, but I feel good about my $12 pitcher.

Ahhhhh angle wings!  I've been hunting for these forever!  I would love a really big pair, like the ones they sell at Creative Co-Op, but I still have to get my Sales and Use Tax something or other, before I can shop with them.  Any one with an active Creative Co-Op account? 

Okay, so there you have it, what I hunted and gathered recently.  A few of the items are at least a month old, but I figured better late than never.

Okay, so announcement #1.  What do you think about a party just for finds?  I was thinking of starting a party just about finds.  You can include your favorite stores and methods of hunting and what you brought home. I'm gonna do test run tomorrow, so come back and party with me!

Announcement #2, who would like to participate in a Christmas blog celebration?  I would love 24 blogger friends to do a daily post, like an Advent calendar of posts for the blog.  You could do anything Christmas/Holiday/Seasonal.  Really anything, a tablescape, tutorial, home tour, recipe, tradition, anything.  If you want to participate let me know right away, I'll need every one's post right away.  Well some would have more time than others, but the first few in December would have to get me theirs...you see where this is going?


Photobucket


11 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

Tammy, I think I do a little of each. I find things unexpected, but there are times I'm on the hunt for certain items. Brown transferware is one, no matter where I am I look quickly for it, but some of my most treasured pieces, were found, and surprisingly so. You've got wonderful items, well done, my dear, tami

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I'd love to be apart of your Advent calendar. I actually already have all I need for a Christmas wreath, so i'd be happy to go ahead and do one in the beginning of december if you want. Also, I'm all for a Finds party. Could I link up my finds from last week?

Shannon Fox said...

Oh, a finds party sounds FUN =0) I think everyone likes to peek at the goodies we come home with and it would be great to share!

PS-Love the angel wings!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great finds. All of your finds are treasures for sure. Love the sofa table and the chairs. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Lesley said...

I would totally participate in a finds party!

Allison@FabRehab said...

OH I am SO jealous!! I wish I had more time to go hunting!

Starr said...

I thinks "finds" party would be nice--and certainly not what you find all over the blogosphere.

We'd love to participate in your Holiday/Advent Calender. Not sure exactly what we'll write about, but I have some ideas up my sleeve.

Unknown said...

What great finds. I especially love the wings and magnifying glass. I wonder what Lo plans to do with it? The party sounds fun but I won't be able to participate because I'm not buying things anymore. maybe one week i will do a thrift sore virtual hunt or something, we'll have to see. I have not been very motivated to blog of late.

Anonymous said...

first off, help me find a headboard for my queen size bd. I keep ck craigs list. second: go to the thrift store and buy a blender :-) and a jigger for measuring 3 oz. You can also use plaster of paris and the sample paint. Have fun.

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

I think a "Finds" party would be great! I'm always coming home with stuff, and it's fun to share the bargains with people who appreciate the hunt!

Cindy Adkins said...

Tammy, you did good on your hunt! Especially the chairs and the dough bowl...and the magnifying glass - oh, everything! lol
Hugs, Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails