Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dining Room Ideas, New House Series

So, like I've said before, I have the new house on the brain!  I went to a local furniture store recently, and found my dream dining table.  How lucky is that?  I just hope they still have it next June!  Here's a secret, I'm going to go back every month and make sure they still have it, and if I have to I will buy it and store it in my garage.  I won't miss out on this table, if I can help it!  lol 

That being said, I do have a back up table I really like, and was leaning toward until I found this one. 

Again with the floor plan, I know!  I just want to give you an idea of the dining space.

Here are the pics I took of the spec house. 


Wall color, Sherwin Williams Tansy Green.  It's one shade darker than my kitchen color.  I plan on painting my new kitchen and eat in area the same color I have now, Ryegrass.  I love green!

Buffet, I want to put this on the wall by the door way to the kitchen.  It's a small wall and won't interrupt the flow of the room.  The buffet is SOLID wood, as is the table and bench.  I couldn't believe it, and the price is amazing.  Especially for solid wood.  Buffet $499

Pretty stuff for the buffet.

Dinning table.  Isn't it gorgeous, it extends to 120 inches and seats twelve, of course I don't have dinnerware for twelve.  I guess I'll have to buy some!  Table $799.
Bench seat $199.

 I want three of these down one side of the table.  The bench will go down the other side.  Four pack of chairs $200.


How about something like these for the metal chairs? 



I want two of these, one to go at either end of the table.  Chairs $249 each.


Wouldn't these be cute on the chairs?


I want a plate wrack similar to this to hang over the buffet.  Only I think I wanted it painted ivory.  It'll pop right off the green walls.

This is how I want to decorate the long wall, opposite the window.  I love the botanical prints.  I haven't decided on how many I want to hang, it might be a little pricey to hang fifteen!  I will probably shop Etsy.com till I find the right prints, and I want barn wood frames like the ones I used to hang my Barn photos.  Frame USA will love me!

Frames.

I want roman shades,  I like this color, not to dark or light.

Drapes in a cream/linen color, this is the style I prefer.  Kind of silky, and darkening. 

This is the color I'm thinking for the curtains and the plate wrack.

Window hardware.
Over head lighting.



The carpet in the room is going to be beige, I know, boring.  I just don't like the idea of putting a rug on carpet, and wood flooring is not in the budget, now.
I will do something cute with the buffet and table, just now sure how or what I'm going to use to decorate them with.   Something fun and colorful to break up the room.

There you have it, the Dining Room.  What do you think?  For the next few months I will be saving all my pennies!  The hubby has already given me his seal of approval for the wood pieces.  That's a start!

xx


6 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

It's going to be beautiful! We built our house 5 years ago and it was so much fun putting my stamp on everything from the ground up!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

It's going to be lovely; especially the green walls...we both like green. Love the furniture; it's nice and sturdy and beautiful.

Designed by Chance said...

This is a great plan for your dining room. It is very masculine with a touch of feminine in the mix. I like that kind of curtains too.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh WOW so many great ideas floating around in your head.

Lindsay @ whimsy.girl said...

Pretty!!! I have seen frames just like those at Hobby Lobby and they have 50% off most of the time!

Lindsay Steele Vogt said...

Hi! I came across your site from pinterest when looking for wingback chairs - where did you find those ones for $249?
Thanks!
Lindsay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails