Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Meet Lilyfield Life, Week 4

Hi, I'm Fiona from Lilyfield Life and I'm honoured to be asked by Tammy to guest post while she's on holidays (the lucky girl!).  I live in Sydney, Australia and am married to a great guy, Phil, who really is the most patient and supportive man in the universe. We've got two lovely kids and we really enjoy this wonderful life we've created together.



Both Phil and I studied engineering at university which is really good for creating a culture of DIY. Our first thought, no matter what the problem, is "We can fix/do that ourselves".  Things can get a bit tricky sometimes but we usually get it done, working happily together, and at a fraction of the price but with a whole lot more satisfaction. A lot of people say "wow, you're talented" when they see my creations but I'm a big believer that I'm just brave. People would be amazed by what they could do if they just had a go.
Since starting blogging back in January I've also started selling my restored painted furniture.   I love how the furniture painting goes so well hand in hand with blogging - the support, friendship, feedback and inspiration I get from other bloggers is so wonderful.  It is such a culmination of my values - reusing old stuff(being environmental), making it loved again, being artistic, working from home and fixing broken things.

Initially I was selling my furniture on eBay but now I sell from my blog and I have recently opened a little stall at our local antiques centre (conveniently located at the end of my street).  I thought I'd show off some of my pieces and hopefully inspire some of you.

This is the piece that started it all: A little french chair I reupholstered for my friend's daughter. Everyone said "you could make these and sell them". An idea was born.




It lead on to these other project:








Is there something that you are wanting to try but not sure you can do it? Do you find yourself saying to others "wow, I wish i could do that"?  My advice is to just give it a try. What's to lose? It's better to try and fail than to have regret over never trying at all! (although you'll most likely to succeed or even just have fun trying). 


So I invite you to come on over and have a look around my blog, my house, my life and hopefully you'll leave feeling inspired.


Wow!  That's all I've got!  lol  Fiona, you are so talented.  I LOVE your furniture and upholstery projects, really awesome work!  Thanks for being a guest at Type A. xx


3 comments:

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Fiona, your furniture is gorgeous! It looks like you went to art school, rather than engineering!

Lesley said...

I'm a sucker for anything fleur de lis or damask. Your decorating style is breathtaking!

Blogger said...

Just received a check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for participating in paid surveys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails