Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Candle Holder Reveal

Check out my Party going on Wednesday & Thursday every week.

Oh my! I finished a project! I can't believe it either.  I did do the shower curtain the other day, but this was a little more time consuming, just a little.  I took me two days to do it, so see a little longer.  FYI, the shower curtain took 20 minutes!  lol

I've seen these big  chunky candle holders all over the web, and decided to make them myself!  It was easy too, some 4x4s cut to size at Home Depot and some decorative wood plaques from Joann's, a little primer and paint. 

Literally, $30 including candles, not a big price to pay. 

The candles have a vanilla fragrance to them, which I'm sure I will notice as soon as the paint fumes are completely gone!  Maybe I jumped the gun bringing them in?  Oh well, they are dry.

A little closer up.

Right at home in the office.  I really love my office, can you tell?  I feel like I spoil it, can you spoil a room?

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project, happy to cross it off my list!!!  xx

Really, I have a list.  I had to make myself a daily chore list, so I could get all the important stuff done.  I left  myself time three days a week to work on projects.  If I get the chore part of my day done fast enough I can work on whatever, but I found that I was lost with out a list.  Plus if gives me time to relax.  I was done with the chore section by 12:30, and that included working out.  I've had all afternoon to work on this project and cuddle with the kids.  We watched the 12 Princesses, Connor wasn't thrilled.  He kept asking when there would be fighting!  lol


23 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

They are FABULOUS Tammy! <3

You have so many fun projects =) I'm dyiiiiing to do a few more!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Donnie said...

Those look better than Pottery Barns type. You are really completing a lot of things. Must be all that new energy...lol...Your office are looks really nice.

Unknown said...

THEY LOOK GREAT. GOOD IDEA. I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF IT.

Erika . . . with a K said...

You did a great job, I love the candles and your spoiled room!

A list is a great idea. I feel like when I am doing a project the rest of the house gets neglected.... I should start a list to prioritize!

Anonymous said...

Sure... you can spoil a room. Why stop at one room, lol Love how your candle holders turned out! They look very high end!
xo

Cristie said...

I love them! I have the perfect spot for some, thanks for sharing.

Sommer said...

Oh these turned out great! I'm such a visual person, I could not figure out what you were talking about without the photo's lol.

Megan Gunyan said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to try these! They turned out wonderful!

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME! Love, love, love them! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/02/pink-hippo-party-17.html

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

What a great project. I'm a new follower. I would love it if you stopped by my blog Monday and added your project to the More The Merrier Monday link party.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Your candle pillars look great, Tammy. I know what you mean about jumping the gun and wanting to use your project right away though.

Thanks for linking to the party. Be sure to join the humor at "Funny Faux Pas Follies," too.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your candle pillars look wonderful - I like them!

Tine

Legacy of Love said...

really cool candles and holders.

Yes you can spoil a room,your office is really nice

Alison Agnew said...

the look great...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

blessings,

alison
stuff and nonsense

Megan said...

these turned out great. what a beautiful, thrifty idea!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great job with the candleholders!
I'm a list maker, too. Lists are invaluable!

♥ Miss Tea said...

what a lovely candleholders, you're so crafty! and for $30 is not a bad price at all, it looks so expensive though!! great result and my husband is trying to tell me to make chores list as well as im forgetful, maybe i should start one! Thanks for sharing!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such pretty candleholders and they look great all grouped together!! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

your candle holders turned out so nice. I'm sure they will be enjoyed for years to come!
I always pick up 4x4's in the cull bin for .51 cents. I have several in stock just waiting for a project. :)
thanks for sharing @ ccc
gail

Tammy @ Type A said...

Miss Tea, thanks for the comment. sorry to post my response here, I couldn't find an email address for you. Take care! xx

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

this looks really great! thanks for linking up to our first blog party.

Kathy said...

Tammy they look fantastic, you did a great job,
Kathy

Jill said...

Those candles look great! It's so much more satisfying to have something you made rather than just store-bought too! (bet yours look better too!)

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails