Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lauren's New(er) Bed!!! (and the rest of her room)

I would love to say I finally finished her damn bed, but alas I have not...instead I bought a new(er) one off Craigslist. Hubby if you are reading this, I will be selling her other bed asap.  Pinky Swear!!!  To continue...I saw it and I fell in love, and the best part, I love it as is.  That doesn't happen often, or ever! 

Ta Da!!!  (Please ignore the car seat cup holder sitting on her bed!  doh!)

Close up of the head board.  She's really in great shape for being 90 years old.  Hope I look that good when I'm her age!


Her little desk got a little dressing up too.

I got all of it at Michael's for 40% off!  Score!

I adore this piece.  $6!  A great place to put all her bracelets.

She picked out the flowers.  She has such a good eye already!  

I wish I had a chandelier.  I'm thinking new curtains?  What do you think?

A close up of her new birdies, I HEART all things bird.

I love these book slings.   I was thinking of painting these frames the same color as her desk?  Any suggestions? 

The other side of her dinky room.  It'll be bigger in the next house.  (fingers crossed!)  lol

Thanks for stopping by and checking out her new(er)  bed.  I'm pretty happy with the way her room is  turning out.  She is too, after I set up her room today she came in and told me it was 'beautiful, and that I was the best Mommy ever!'  Big grins all around! xx

Don't forget to check out my Give Away!!!

I also want to thank Judy over at Diy by Design for giving me another great award!  We actually gave them to each other, crazy.  Check her out, she has a great blog.  Thanks again Judy!




15 comments:

Erika . . . with a K said...

Her room is adorable, I love it! the bed was an awesome find, way to go craigslist!

Sommer said...

That really was an excellent find! It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I really like that bed. And you've done a wonderful job with her bedroom, I can see why she loves it. I think new curtains too :)

Donnie said...

What a beautiful young ladies room. Does she have a mirror in there? Didn't notice one. I'm sure you're going to be tweaking it but it looks perfect to me.

The Tablescaper said...

What an adorable room. She's a lucky girl tohave a Mom who cares so much about her daughter's room. Thanks for brining it to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Megan said...

looks great. what a lucky girl to have such a nice room.

Megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

By the Bluegrass said...

What a sweet room! I especially love the fabric wall book holders and the juxtaposition of the distressed stool with the dainty desk! She must be a very happy girl.
xo,
Sena

Kitty Deschanel said...

This is such a pretty room! I love those fabric book holders on the wall. I even enlarged the photo to get a closer look :)

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

Holy cow! 90 years old! it looks great!

I heart all things bird too! It's my nickname! =)

Happy early Valentines day love!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Tanyia said...

It looks great! Love the book slings!


I am stopping by from Market Yourself Monday, at Sumo's I would love to have you check out my project! http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/02/quilted-coasters.html

HollyC said...

Her room is presh! It's so darling and sweet! I love the little desk and all the colors in the room...heck, I like it all! Thanks for sharing and Happy Met Monday!
~Holly

Angie said...

LOVE her new bed!! I don't know what to suggest for the frame colors, I just know that I love the way that wall looks with the frames and the book holders below.

Angie said...

P.S. I want to see more of that stool! Did you do a post on it already??

~Beth D. said...

adorable! great job! I'd say paint the frames! maybe not new curtains, but add a valance. That is always a nice touch!

andiejaye said...

i l-o-v-e that bed! it has sooo much character. and i agree, i love the rich wood look of it. what a darling little girl's room. i bet she adores it! ((and i love birdies too!))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails