Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Made Pillow Covers!!!

Why does this make me so happy?  Other than the Christmas stockings I made last year, this is only the second project I've done on my own!!  lol  I'm so new to sewing on a machine, it ain't funny, well it's kinda funny. 

I just made simple envelope style covers.  I used red and beige ticking.  I thought it  had a nice vintage look and I wanted to tone down some of the color in this room.  The whole lower level of my home has a lot going on.  I will reveal next week what else I've been doing, but I had to share the pillows.  Yep still excited. 

#1

#2

I want to share some 'new' art I just acquired.  I love portraits, especially period ones.  The cute kids were not a lot of fun to hang, but I did it.  I'm patting myself on the back a lot in this post.  Of course, I scared my kids hanging them.  I almost fell of my dining room chair and there was a lot 'naughty' words said....
So do you think I should hang some thing between them?  I'm still debating.

Close up of the Boy.

Close up of the Girl.  She kinda reminds me of Lauren.

Thanks for stopping by, check back for the reveal next week!!  I hope you like it.  =)


2 comments:

Donnie said...

I think everything looks lovely. Your pillows are very nice. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Next you'll be making slipcovers. Your pillows turned out great. I like pillows with stripes. Cute prints, too. I just took a break from family for a sec to check my blogs :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Michelle :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails