Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Living Room Updates

I wish I could say it's DONE, but I'm still waiting on one final delivery.  Let me tell you this, I better be in love with these pillow covers, cause it's taken 4 weeks and they still aren't here!  Just to clarify, I'm not a demanding Etsian, I know some shops are busier than others, but I was told it would be a 2 week turn around.  In my head that means 2 weeks, not 4.   Enough said.

I'm still super happy with the direction the room is headed, and in my opinion it's looking purdy good.

Here is the area before.

Then remember when I asked you to vote on picture layouts?  Layout E got the most votes, even though I didn't Pinky Swear to use the winner, I did.  You guys were so right on with this layout.  Great job!

Here's a close up, I love the frames, and art just pops in them. 

Not a lot of changes going on here.  I replaced the green candles with these orange ones.  I just shopped the house.  I own a ton of candles...I'm good in a black out!  lol  Then I took the clock from the buffet that is behind the couch.  I really like it here, but am considering a really cute bird clock I saw at Pier 1 the other day.  We'll see.

Buffet area behind the couch got some love too.  To save my life I couldn't find a before picture, sorry.  These are pillow fronts that I framed.  I contacted the Etsian and asked her if she would just sell me the front panel.  She said yes, and art was born.  Check out her page Jolie Marche, I'm totally in LOVE with her pillow covers.  I may actually have to order covers next time.

Let me tell you this, the fabric is so soft, if I could I would recover my sectional in it!  Top quality.  I thought it was cool that they looked like vintage grain sacks.  BONUS.

I'm still at a loss for what to do on top of the buffet? I found a really cool apothecary cabinet I could replace the silver holder with?  What do you think?  Any suggestions are helpful.  I mean really, seems like you guys are the ones decorating my house, I just take your advise! 

Thanks Friends!  xx




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

I love how your framing project turned out! And, of course I love the barn photo :) You and I could team up in a power outage. I have tons of candles, too. Love your grain sack artwork! How cute is that. The room is really making a gorgeous transformation. I would suggest something different than the box for your buffet. The two wood tones blend. Maybe, paint the box? It all looks great though! xx

Donnie said...

Every thing looks just lovely. Your home is very cozy and definitely stylish.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

love it all! esp. the little bird!!!! omg in-love! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Emily said...

Everything in your front room is looking super cute! Can't wait to see the pillows that your ordered.
-emily
www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com
p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I will be back for your Wednesday linky party. Thank you!!!

Lisa Cash said...

Hi - saw you on today's creative blog. Everything looks really great! I love the frames.

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy, glad I found your blog. I love your "about me" - made me laugh! I wear all the hats around my house too... but my hubby doesn't work outside of the country! :) Love the trunk - I'm also an avid garage sale, yard sale, thrift store addict (oh, caffeine too!). I'm your newest follower. Stop by and visit sometime www.newengland-style.com

Michelle
New England Style

Lisa's Creative Home said...

I love how the room is turning out. The frames look great! There are so many of us thrifty yard sale shoppers out there. Its great to meet them in blogland!
Hope you are happy with your pillows.

Sachiko said...

What a beautiful makeover! I love it!

Lisa Montsion said...

I love that retro clock that is on one of your tables. Very classy.

lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails