Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fitness Friday #1

I was thinking about it the other day, and it dawned on my that I tell you a lot about what I eat, and what I'm losing weight and inch wise.  I just never talk about the Exercise.  Which is really KEY to any program.  Watching what you eat is important, but it will not get you the results like exercise, or build muscle.  You HAVE to do both. 

I work out six days a week a minimum of one hour per day.  Even after I lose all the weight I want, I will continue with this plan.  I'm not getting any younger and I need to make sure I keep this body in the best shape I can.  The more muscle the stronger your bones and the faster your metabolism.  Muscle is AWESOME.  Plus lean definition looks fabulous. 

I try to vary my workout, some days I create my own and others I do a workout video.  I've done so many workout videos in my life, it's crazy.  I own at least 100, and I've probably given away, thrown away and broken as many.

You are probably asking yourself, "Then why do you have to lose weigh?  Shouldn't you be in the maintaining stage already?"  Well, the answer is simple.  I should be in the maintaining stage, yes.  The only thing I can come up with is this.  1.  I quit smoking, replaced it with food.  2.  I broke my foot and couldn't work out for 6 weeks, and could never get motivated to start up again.  3.  My hubby left for his first contract in Iraq and I was a little depressed.  They are all perfectly fine excuses, but really I'm not sure why I let myself back slide.  Just know this, I don't plan on making the same mistake twice!

I purchase 95% of mywork out videos at http://www.collagevideo.com/, they don't pay me too, but I would let them!  I do because they have the best selection and carry every instructor you could think of.  I have a favorite I'd like to share with you.

Jari Love, pronounced Jerry.  She's awesome, and her workouts can be adjusted to every level of exerciser.  I think that is a sign of a good video.  I mean really, who wants to buy a beginner level video, just to replace it every time you jump a level.  I know I don't, they aren't free.  I should also mention, I don't have time for a gym and with two kids I can't afford to leave them at daycare while I work out.  Working out at home is what works for me. 

Here are the videos I own by Jari.  I love them, she is a great instructor and cues her videos really well.  You will be sore the next day, trust me and my glutes when I say that. 




These next two, I've just ordered.   I'll let you know after I've tried them if they were just as good. 


So there ya go, if you have any questions about an instructor or a video you are thinking of purchasing, give me a shout.  I probably have done a video by them, or even owned the video.  Same goes for home equipment, I've owned it all! I will talk about some of the equipment I really like too, next time. Thanks for stopping by! XX


3 comments:

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

I've been looking for a good workout video! Thanks Tammy! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Donnie said...

You have been working hard and it shows. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm sore just looking at these videos, haha!

You look great, Tammy! Keep up the good work.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails