Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

All Wrapped Up!

Merry Christmas!!!
I can't believe it's Christmas Day?  Where did the year go?  I hope all of you are having a safe and wonderful Holiday Season filled with Family and Friends! 
Hubby is still in Afghanistan, but he'll be home in January for a couple weeks.  It's almost like having him for Christmas.  We couldn't be happier.  No big plans, just hanging out and loving each other.  Plus the boy child is so excited to get another week off school to play with Daddy!

This year I decided to wrap the presents to coordiante with the decor, I know....How Type A?  lol
I collected all my 'supplies' and brought all the gifts out of hiding.  They've been hiding in the armoire in my garage.  I knew that piece would come in handy.

I did most of the wrapping in the kitchen on the floor, it's the largest open space I have.  (pinky swear, the floor is clean.)  Best part, both kids were in school that day, so I didn't have to worry about being caught.

This year was about the brown paper, ribbon and lace.  I love the lace, it feels so vintage.

I used my Sizzix to cut out all the cute tags.


I glued the paper doillies on, this was a little messy.

These birdy cut outs are my second fave, after the lace.



Group 1

Group 2

After Group 2, I had to stop and put everything away.  Stanley had to be in the kennel while I wrapped, puppies aren't a lot of help.  I had already been wrapping for 3 hours, so it was time for him to stretch his legs.  Plus the kitchen floor is not comfy.

I had to resume wrapping a week later in my bedroom with the door locked!  Only one kiddo had school, the other was already out for Christmas break, so I had to be sneaky.

Group 4

Group 5

Yep I used bags, but not many.  I found them at target and couldn't resist, they are too cute.  (and cheap, and this wrap session only took an hour!)

TaDa!  All the presents in place, before the kids attack them and destroy all my hard work.  I promise to post a pic or two tomorrow of the after math!  My little weapons of mass destruction!


They really make the tree look small!  I think it the angle really, lol. 


Love this picture, they really do love each other, it's nice to get proof!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
(of course I'll post again before New Years!  xx)










3 comments:

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

Merry Christmas Tammy! The gifts look (looked!) so cute. Thanks for all your hard work hosting the parties this last year, and have a good "second Christmas" when your husband gets home.

Kathy Owen, Petticoat Junktion said...

Merry Christmas Tammy, I love the wrapping, my favorite is the red rick-rack. I know you will be glad when hubby gets home. My husband served in the army for 26 years. I want to thank you,your husband,and the kids for service to our country. Kathy

Rebecca said...

Glad your husband will be home soon! I love the wrapping you did. I had plans to do some of that myself but ended up with just brown paper and stamping names.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails