Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Salt Tree, 14 Days 'Til Christmas

Hi everyone!  My name is Amber and I blog over at SaltTree, but today I'm super pleased to be guest posting today here at Type A!



I'm
a married, working Mom of a one year old little man who is my world.  I
started blogging while on mat leave and haven't looked back.  Recipes,
crafting, DIY projects and family moments are what you'll find there.  I
hope you'll come for a visit! But for now, enjoy the little treat I've prepared for you below!

Candy Coated Swizzle Sticks



I'm going to share with you something sweet and simple.  I know, just look at it... yes, it DOES taste as yummy as it looks!  It's a white chocolate and crushed candy cane coated swizzle stick, just in time for the holiday season. 

Super easy + inexpensive x indulgent goodies = excellent gift idea! 



Here is what you'll need for this little treat;

- chocolate candy melts, your choice of colour and flavour

- something to 'dip' like plastic spoons, candy canes, wooden stir sticks etc

- crushed candy cane or candy cane flavoured crystals

- wax paper



Put the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between.  You don't want to burn it, so better to go slow.  Do not add water or you will cause them to seize.



Once completely melted, coat your chosen swizzle stick in chocolate (about 3-4 inches worth) and then coat with the crushed candy cane bits.  Set on wax paper to cool and firm up.  If you find they look a little scrawny, just coat with chocolate and sprinkles again to fatten them up.



Yep!  You're done!  It really is that simple.  The top is a straight candy cane and the bottom is a coffee stir stick which was by far the most economical route when making these.  Just wait until they are fully cooled before packaging them... and it's a must that you do a little quality control taste test *wink*.



Package in clear baggies tied with ribbon, glass mason jars or anything else that you fancy.  You could package a few in a mug with some cocoa so it's already to go.



You bet I had one with my hot cocoa after this shoot... those little boy hands also found it hard to resist and managed to sneak a taste or two.  So, consider it one year old approved!



Thanks again for having me here at Type A!





0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails