Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fab Rehab Creations, 10 Days 'Til Christmas!!!

Hello Type A readers! I'm Allison over at Fab Rehab Creations and I'm here to show you a few of my holiday creations. Hopefully they will inspire you to run over to your local thrift store and get crackin on some DIY decor and furniture!
First, a little about moi. I'm a happy wife and mom of three young boys. Here is my fam!
Photobucket
In my former life, I was an occupational therapist...and I may or may not go back to OT after the kids are in school. A year and a half ago, I fell in love with rehabbing and repurposing furniture...so much that I'm thinking it might be my calling.
I decorate minimally for the holidays...mostly because with 2 large dogs and three young boys, most things get broken. But every year, I feel like doing a few "new" things around the house.
My favorite project so far has been this wreath I created using a cable knit sweater from a thrift shop and a styrofoam wreath.
Photobucket
And this past weekend, I finished up this chair to use as extra seating at Christmas. I think it has potential to be used year round but it certainly has a holiday feel, no?
Before: A freebie on Craig
Photobucket
After: Using the free Valspar sample (in Fabulous Red with glaze) and ticking stripe fabric from a thrift shop ($1.59)
Photobucket
Ane one more little project I just did this week. I found this Mary, Joseph and manger set at the thrift shop for about two bucks (I only got a before picture of Joseph, but they all looked the same). I knew I'd paint it, but before I could paint it, my 2 year old got ahold of Jospeh and took off running and yelling "Darth Vader!!! Darth Vader!!!". Can you see why?
Photobucket
Yeah...he needed a coat of white with wax.
Photobucket
Much better huh?
So that's what I've upcycled for the holidays this year! What have you upcycled? Stop by my blog anytime...I'd love to show you more of what I've done!
Thank you so much to Tammy for inviting me to guest post during her holiday series! Great idea from a great blogger!!
~Allison





3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love your family photo Allison! And you already know I love your rehab projects! Happy holidays!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i also love that family photo- beautiful!
i just love allison- she is so talented and warm! a fabulous lady- thanks for sharing her today! :)

Meg @ Revamp Homegoods said...

those rehabs are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails