Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meet My Covered Bridge, Week 31

Hi!  I'm Kristen from My Covered Bridge.  I'm really excited to be guest posting today at Type A - Thanks for having me Tammy!!  I'm sort of new to this blogging world, so let me introduce myself.  I'm a happily married stay-at-home mom of four.  My husband, Craig, and I are remodeling and decorating a home we bought 6 years ago.  I love taking on these projects - so I decided to share them through my blog.





I love to find inexpensive ways to decorate for the holidays and I want to share a couple of those projects here.






I started out with a hurricane and a candlestick from the dollar store - 




I glued the hurricane on top of the candlestick using E-6000 adhesive.  Then I taped off a few stripes with painter's tape - 




I gave it a few coats of white spray paint and filled with red filler (red M&M's would probably work better though...)-






Here's another spin on that project - a Pedestal Candy Bowl-




That's right - everything came from the dollar store-




I spray painted the candlestick with Rustoleum chrome spray paint- 




And glued the votive holder on top with E-6000 adhesive.  So Easy.




And it looks great with my larger DIY Pedestal Bowl




I hope you stop by My Covered Bridge to see all of my holiday (and non-holiday) projects!  And thank you again, Tammy, for having me over here today!  It's been a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Jacky said...

Wow I love those. They are so simple to make yet they look store bought.

Unknown said...

That is a really cute project. large glass pedestal bowels are so expensive I may just try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails