Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Searching Out Simple, 16 Days 'Til Christmas!!!

Hello! I'm Rebecca from Searching Out Simple. I'm thrilled to be a guest with Tammy for the Christmas series. Recently, I made this garland using pinecones from the trees in the field behind my house.

Aren't the pinecones pretty? They really inspired my Christmas decor this year. My favorite part is I can put this up in the fall and keep it up through winter. Then I saw a beautiful wreath and pinned it for inspiration.


It started with a wreath, coffee filters, cranberries and a two pack of gold, glittery reindeer from the dollar store. Along with some pinecones from the field behind my house.


The wreath was a blonde wood kind of color so I painted it a white. Then I made some flowers by folding & layering the coffee filters into flower shapes and hot glued them to the wreath. Next, I added pinecones I had gathered earlier. I clipped the cranberries from the stem and hot glued the clusters, wrapping around the edges of the wreath. The glittery gold deer finished it off.


I am thrilled with how it turned out. I have since changed the ribbon to a wider sheer red ribbon that has some glitter in it and will probably change it again once I get some burlap.


And this is why I took pictures outside. My camera doesn't play nice indoors and I don't know how to not capture reflections on glass. Fortunately for us all you can't see that I'm wearing my pajamas. It was a productive day and some days it's me or the house. The house won that day.


Here is an even worse picture of where the wreath hangs. I don't have a fireplace with a mantle or a shelf to serve as one so I've decided to decorate the top of my hutch. It's a work in progress.


Ah, that's better. I wanted to leave you with something pretty. I hope you'll stop by and say hello sometime, I have another garland, wreath, centerpiece and some ornaments to share this month.



3 comments:

ohiofarmgirl said...

How about cutting some greens off your shrubs or getting the free greens at Lowes and putting them on top of the hutch...with pine cones and lights. That would be a wow factor!! Dianntha

Rebecca said...

Thank you for having me Tammy. :)

Jen @ My Own Road said...

Cute wreath Rebecca!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails